Tour de Food May/June 2013
Take the Tour de Food during May and June and we’ll donate $5 to the Southern Foodways Alliance!
Visit all five Zingerman’s retail locations in a 24-hour period and you’ll also be entered to win a $250 Zingerman’s gift card!
For every person who completes the Zingerman’s Tour de Food in May and June of 2013 we’ll donate $5 to Ari’s “favorite food-based educational non-profit by a mile.” Based at the University of Mississippi, the Southern Foodways Alliance documents, studies, and celebrates the diverse food cultures of the changing American South and our partnership with them over the years have brought a lot of amazing foods to Ann Arbor eaters—from Pimento Cheese to Hot Fried Chicken to the amazing oysters from Apalachicola to Chocolate Bacon Gravy to. . . . Well, the list could fill a newsletter on its own so we’ll just leave at this: check them out at www.southernfoodways.org. Their site is a lot of fun, very informative and features a ton of great movie shorts on Southern food from award-winning filmmaker Joe York.
Take the Tour de Food:
- 1. Download the May/June 2013 Tour de Food passport (see link below)
- 2. Stop into each Zingerman’s retail location list on this passport within a 24-hour period (No purchase necessary)
- 3. Get a signature from a staff member at each stop
- 4. Fill out the contact info (so we can contact you if you win!)
- 5. Turn the passport in at your last stop
We’ll do a monthly drawing of all the previous month’s completed passports and the winner will receive a $250 card to enjoy at any Zingerman’s business!
Zingerman’s 4th Annual Camp Bacon is a benefit for the Southern Food Alliance!