Food, Food Artisans

This Week at Zingerman’s 6/24/15

spirited cheese tasting

The Spirited Cheese Tasting at Zingerman’s Events on 4th

Join our cheesemongers Tonight, June 23, 7pm for a spirited evening as we explore the potential of combining a really good cheese plate with our favorite distilled beverages. Happy hour will never be the same and a dessert plate will take on new meaning after an evening comparing the traditions between distillation and cheese production. Whether you are looking for the perfect Father’s Day gift or just want to learn more about really good cheese and mixers with friends, this will be fun for all.

Reserve your seat here

ZingTrain Speaker Series: Anese Cavanaugh

Anese Cavanaugh knows that you are an impact machine! She believes you have super powers! In fact, Anese believes it so strongly that she came up with the IEP method to help you to tap into that impact machine, that superpower. Because it is totally in your control!

Here’s the thing. Whether it’s your boss your interacting with, or your peers or customers or family, or your dog for that matter – how you Show Up is influencing how they feel, how you feel and ultimately the results you get. Our words only determine 7% of our impact, the other 93% is in how we Show Up. In our intentions, energy, and presence (our IEP).

Join us Wednesday, June 24, 8am, to learn how to strengthen your own IEP (from the inside out) so that you can create the results and relationships you want in a way that leaves you buzzing and blazing versus bummed, busy, and burnt out. And change your relationship with busy, burnout and other things that bum you out, once and for all

Reserve your seat here

Summer Sale and Olive Oil Pop Up Shop at Zingerman’s Mail Order

Great things are happening at Mail Order right now! The first is our annual Summer Sale, which features amazing deals on some of our favorites! Like Bonito Tinned Tuna, or our famous Zzang Bars, or Rustichella Italian Pastas. Check out the Summer Sale page for more!
The other noteworthy event is our Olive Oil Pop Up Shop, which contains some really excellent oils at very affordable prices. Domestic favorites like California’s Seka Hills, or La Sovana from Tuscany, or Crudo, a bold, spicy oil from the southeastern corner of Italy. Check out the rest of the selection at our Pop Up Shop!

1st Sunday Tour at Zingerman’s Creamery

Join our cheese and gelato makers on Sunday, July 5th, 2pm, for an hour long adventure of how we transform local milk into delicious cheese and gelato. On this tour, you will observe Mozzarella stretching, as well as experience truly fresh gelato, as well as taste some of our cow’s milk and goat’s milk cheeses while hearing directly from the makers how they are made. After the tour, make time for tasting our selection of American cheeses and provisions, as well as house made gelatos and sorbets in our cheese shop.

Reserve your seat here

Roadhouse BBQ Dinner

One of our favorite dinners of the summer, this year’s BBQ dinner will celebrate Chef Alex’s favorite dishes from across the country, focusing on his West Coast upbringing. Highlights from the menu include Grilled Figs and Country Ham, Spicy Smoked Almonds, Cedar Planked Salmon and a Beef Brisket Carving Station. Tuesday, July 7, 7pm. 

Reserve your seat here

Celebrating the Farmers Markets at Zingerman’s Creamery

We’ve picked up the best of the Farmers Markets produce, simply prepared and combined with cheeses we love! Fresh herb goat cheese, spring green salads, and more. Through the evening we’ll feature items from producers that we’ve met through the markets, delicious ways to combine fresh flavors with your favorite cheeses, and end the evening with a sweet treat of seasonal gelato made just for the tasting!

Reserve your seat here

Cornman Farms Cocktail Class: The Green Fairy

Absinthe is an anise-flavored herbal spirit with a long and tortured history. Strongly herb-flavored and often very high in alcohol, this spirit known as “the green fairy” was the drink of choice among the Bohemian set in Paris around the turn of the 20th century. Wrongly labeled as both a hallucinogenic and the cause of many social ills, Absinthe was subsequently banned in much of Europe and the United States for roughly a century. Recent changes in legislation on both sides of the pond have resurrected this intense yet delectable liquor. On Thursday, July 16, 7pm,  we will discuss the history of absinthe (and the wormwood it contains) while crafting three classic cocktails created around the previously-maligned spirit: the Asylum, the Death in the Afternoon, and the Corpse Reviver #2. The class includes instruction and discussion, three cocktails, tasty snacks prepared in the farmhouse kitchen, and recipes.

Reserve your seat here

See you soon!